18.8.62 | Live servers: 18.8.62

Item Database - Intense Agglutinative Nanoweb

Intense Agglutinative Nanoweb Icon #46279 Hinders the movement of the target to a great extent, rendering it almost unable to move. If the target is above level 265 it may be hard to get the maximum effect out of this nano formula.
Flags Can Be Template Item, Has Multiple Count, Open Flag, Item Texture Override
Can Apply Hostile
Patch 15.0.1 15.0.6 15.5.5 16.1
QL 214
Crystal Nano Crystal (Intense Agglutinative Nanoweb)
NCU 54
Nanocost 1404
School Combat: Snare
Duration 1 minute, 20 seconds
Attack time 4s (capped at 1s)
Recharge time 4.2s
Range 20 m
Chance of break on attack 9
Chance of break on debuff 18
Chance of break on nano 9
Effect icon Icon 46264
Stacking order 1
Defense skills
Level 100 %
Nano resist 60 %
Attack skills
Sensory improvement 57 %
Time and space 43 %
1 User Random roll >= 76 and
User Level >= 220 and
User Level <= 244
Sypiken @ 2004-12-13 22:51
Sick ^^
Combine this with a running fixer with some sick AS's. ^^ U just unleashed hell
zyx21 @ 2005-02-02 04:51
lol, this is fun in PvP :p
ath0 @ 2005-09-21 14:44
if Last random roll <= 75 and
Level <= 218 and
Level >= 246
Isn't that bugged? There is no number smaller than 218 that is at the same time greater than 246.
LordDrathu @ 2006-08-11 01:59
specialization is?
Gaiaterra @ 2006-09-19 20:04
Specialization is the thing you need to complete for the SL nanos, spec 1 is mariner's father, spec 2 is the girl that saw it all... Think you need afirce's books for spec 4.
Venderim @ 2006-10-05 05:37
If you need to ask what specializations are then you ain't gonna be using this nano anytime soon ;P
houserocker @ 2006-12-13 17:49
These nanos have a lot of issues, making them uh how you say..."not so useful". First is the nanocost issue, they need a lot of nano. Second is the casting cap of 1s. Whereas a RK snare you can hit in a split second, to use this snare you have to stop for a full second, which can be deadly in SL. Thirdly, while the RK snares last basically forever as far as you need to be concerned, these last only a minute or so. FOUTHLY (I can go on and on) the SL snares can not be refeshed on the target, due to the fact that the nano you cast on a mob is not the actual snare but rather a nano checking the level of the mob and then applying the appropriate snare. So if you have snared that big bad add nearby while your team tries to kill something else, and the snare is almost out, you have no choice but to watch as the snare ends and the mobs runs up to give you a hug. And I guess my final complaint, the nanoskills of course. In a pvp setup at 220, in which I selfcast SWS X with a bunch of buffing items, I cannot even cast this top SL snare. Not that it really matters, as they all work with about the same effectiveness in SL - I will detail this in next comment I guess...
houserocker @ 2006-12-13 17:56
Shadowlands Snares and You!
I have heard a lot of fixers lament that the single snares given to us that work in SL are not useful. I must admit, I was once a believer in this theory as well, but it is not actually true. Snares just work a bit differently and once you master them they are a very nice tool for handling adds in missions, etc. Basically, if you cast the snare on a monster in SL that is moving, it has no effect or very little effect, the mob will still get to you within a few seconds. However if you cast it on a mob that is not aggroed and moving yet, it works like a root, keeping the mob in place (it doesn't move at all). All you need to do is apply this knowledge in a logical fashion. If you open a door and there are two mobs close together, don't bother being sneaky, hoping to pull one and not get your team killed - assume you will pull both. Fire a defensive perk, and run right up to the mobs, that's right, stand next to it. This way it won't move. As soon as you are next to it cast SL snare, and when it lands, run away with the mob you didn't snare close on your heels. Then hope you kill it before the snare runs out.
Selkies @ 2006-12-25 08:29
great theory houserocker, but also if it works anything liek tranquilizer (agent perk) the mob won't be affected in runspeed until it stops moving... so if you cast this on a moving mob, then run backwards, once it reaches the spot you were at when you got its attention it will stop and be rooted looking for you... thats how tranq works... i dunno about this tho :P
houserocker @ 2006-12-25 16:02
It's not a theory ;) And if you read my advice again you will see I suggest running up to a mob to snare it, hence, it will not be moving. Then you run away.
Flink @ 2007-04-22 05:49
I think it should be a 75% chance for the big snare and a 25% chance for the small one. Because this is really our number one tool when it comes to soloing. or make it 50/50 or 66/33 or whatever :p
Threeze @ 2007-12-04 06:26
Thanks for the input houserocker. Selkies is correct, if you snare something running then move away from the spot it's running to, once it gets there it will be immbile if you havn't attack-broken the snare yet. Also, an easier way would be to simply cast snare as the first thing you do when you see 2 mobs next to each other in a mission - the same effect would occur [root] (because the mob isn't moving in the first place, anyway). Only downside of would be that if it doesn't land you draw agg from both mobs and bring em toward your team (although now that I think back, alot of the time the mob im not targetting often ignores the fact that i just tried to root his buddy o.O) - but then again, you're a fixer and it's not exactly your primary job to worry about aggro control and tanking (not that we aren't necessarily great at doing those anyway ;p)
P.S. I (will steal your cheeze) like to (you know what's coming[don't you!?]) use excessiv(:D)e bracketing(!)[?]!
Pafpuf @ 2007-12-13 00:50
houserocker @ 2006-12-25 16:02
It's not a theory ;) And if you read my advice again you will see I suggest running up to a mob to snare it, hence, it will not be moving. Then you run away.

You run to the mob and snare it, it hits you and your damage shield/reflect breaks the snare, and you end up pulling 2 (or more) mobs ;D
Tarradax @ 2008-06-01 11:27
Something that still makes no sense to me.
A mob level 266 or more gets -800 RS. Okay. That's easy.
A mob between level 240 and 265 gets a random roll that has a 75% chance of doing -800 RS and 25% of doing -2000 RS.
A mob at level 239 or lower get no rolls and gets -2000 RS straight out.

Now, assuming I got these correct, doesn't it actually mean that this nano will have a hard time affecting a mob above 239, rather than 265 as the description says?
Post a comment
You are not logged in. Anonymous users can not post comments.Please log in to continue.